September 2021 Top Biopharma Deal: REGENXBIO – AbbVie for RBX-314 for wet AMD, diabetic retinopathy
Highlighted Deal Financial Comps
Total Deal Value:
Cost & Profit Split:
- REGENXBIO granted AbbVie exclusive, worldwide rights to develop and commercialize RGX-314 for the treatment of wet AMD, diabetic retinopathy, and other chronic retinal diseases.
- REGENXBIO will be responsible for completion of the ongoing trials.
- AbbVie and REGENXBIO will share costs on additional trials, including the planned second pivotal trial evaluating subretinal delivery for the treatment of wet AMD and future trials.
- AbbVie will lead the clinical development and commercialization globally.
- REGENXBIO will participate in U.S. commercialization efforts under a mutually agreed upon plan.
- REGENXBIO will receive $370M up front and is eligible for up to $1.38B in development, regulatory, and commercial milestones, plus tiered royalties on net sales of RGX-314 outside the U.S. and 50% of profits in the U.S.
Congrats to REGENXBIO and AbbVie for landing the DealForma September 2021 Deal of the Month. The Deal of the Month for August 2021 was RemeGen and Seagen’s HER2 ADC deal with $200M up front for Disitamab Vedotin. Read about it here.
DealForma’s Deal of the Month selection is based on the largest disclosed upfront cash and equity total in partnership deals involving R&D as announced in the month prior to this article. Data for this analysis was compiled using the DealForma biopharma deals database. All data are based on publicly disclosed figures and deal terms.
We invite you to answer interesting questions on biopharma business development and licensing using our data and carefully curated profiles on deals, pipelines, companies, funding, and business executives by visiting dealforma.com to schedule your personalized demo.
Drug Sales Figures
All of this by stage, disease indication, modality, target...
More Research by DealForma
Introducing: DealForma plus Tableau
We are excited to introduce DealForma's new Tableau dashboard integration. High quality data on biopharma deals and funding meets interactive charts and visuals. DealForma customers will have exclusive access to the DealForma chart dashboards built on Tableau right...
Venture & IPO – Medtech – Q1 2023
The Medtech sector encompasses medical devices, diagnostics, and digital health solutions, playing a crucial role in healthcare. In Q1 2022, the medtech, devices, digital health therapeutics, and wearables sector experienced a strong opening with 95 funding rounds and...