Quarterly venture investment activity into neurology focused biopharma companies is back to pre-2020 level. This is no surprise given the investment slowdowns across all therapy area and broader life sciences. The drop seems to have stabilized however, and emerging...
October 2021 Top Biopharma Deal: Xencor – Janssen for Plamotamab and XmAb Bispecific Antibodies
Highlighted Deal Financial Comps
Total Deal Value:
Cost & Profit Split:
- Xencor granted Janssen exclusive, worldwide rights to develop and commercialize plamotamab, its CD20 x CD3 XmAb bispecific antibody as a monotherapy or in combination regimens, and new XmAb B-cell targeting bispecific antibodies for the treatment of CD20-expressing hematologic malignancies.
- Janssen will pay 80% of costs and Xencor 20%.
- Additionally, Xencor and Janssen signed a two-year research partnership to discover XmAb CD28 bispecific antibody applicants against B-cell targets by utilizing Xencor’s XmAb bispecific Fc technology while Janssen has an exclusive worldwide option to license and develop selected molecules in combination with plamotamab and other agents.
- Xencor has the option to co-fund development costs in return for higher royalties and co-detailing rights for such products in the US.
- Xencor will receive $100M in upfront cash, $25M in upfront equity investment, and is eligible for up to $1.19B in development, regulatory, and sales milestones, plus tiered mid-teen to low-twenties royalties.
Congrats to Xencor and Janssen for landing the DealForma October 2021 Deal of the Month. The Deal of the Month for September 2021 was REGENXBIO and AbbVie’s deal with $370M up front for RGX-314. Read about it here.
DealForma’s Deal of the Month selection is based on the largest disclosed upfront cash and equity total in partnership deals involving R&D as announced in the month prior to this article. Data for this analysis was compiled using the DealForma biopharma deals database. All data are based on publicly disclosed figures and deal terms.
We invite you to answer interesting questions on biopharma business development and licensing using our data and carefully curated profiles on deals, pipelines, companies, funding, and business executives by visiting dealforma.com to schedule your personalized demo.
Drug Sales Figures
All of this by stage, disease indication, modality, target...
More Research by DealForma
We are tracking the biopharma R&D partnerships in neurology through the first half of 2023. Some notable licensing deals include Voyager's partnership with Neurocrine, which secured an upfront payment of $175 million and the potential to achieve up to $4.2 billion...