An increase in down rounds in 2023 indicates a reassessment of valuations in VC. Challenges are expected to persist in the sector through the H1 of 2024, grappling with repercussions from previous excesses and a challenging fundraising environment. The initiation of a...
January 2024 Top Biopharma Deal: Argo and Novartis for RNA-based therapies
Highlighted Deal Financial Comps
Total Deal Value:
Cost & Profit Split:
- Argo Biopharmaceutical granted Novartis exclusive, worldwide rights to develop and commercialize a Phase I RNA-based therapy for cardiovascular diseases, with an option for up to 2 additional therapies.
- Novartis has exclusive, worldwide rights (excluding China) for a Phase 1/2a therapy.
- Argo will receive an upfront payment of $185 million.
- Argo is eligible for up to $3.98 billion in option exercise fees, development, regulatory, and commercial milestones.
- Argo will also receive undisclosed tiered royalties on sales.
DealForma’s Deal of the Month selection is based on the largest disclosed upfront cash and equity total in partnership deals involving R&D as announced in the month prior to this article. Data for this analysis was compiled using the DealForma biopharma deals database. All data are based on publicly disclosed figures and deal terms.
We invite you to answer interesting questions on biopharma business development and licensing using our data and carefully curated profiles on deals, pipelines, companies, funding, and business executives by visiting dealforma.com to schedule your personalized demo.
Drug Sales Figures
All of this by stage, disease indication, modality, target...
More Research by DealForma
This year, DealForma's CEO Chris Dokomajilar joined Inpart for the webinar to review life sciences dealmaking for 2024. Inpart has also put together an eBook which talks about the trends, analysis and forecasts for 2024. It seems that biopharma is ready to bounce back...
In this article, John Carroll talks about the Q4 2023 biotech sector in a report that reveals a significant uptick in mergers and acquisitions, highlighting a change towards growth amid valuation and economic headwinds. Data and charts from DealForma show M&A...