August 2023 Top Biopharma Deal: Poseida license option deal with Astellas for P-MUC1C-ALLO1
Highlighted Deal Financial Comps
Total Deal Value:
Cost & Profit Split:
- Poseida granted Astellas an option for exclusive, worldwide rights to develop and commercialize P-MUC1C-ALLO1.
- P-MUC1C-ALLO1 is an allogeneic CAR-T cell therapy for the treatment of multiple solid tumors.
- Astellas to invest a total of $50M in Poseida:
- $25M for approximately 8.8% of Poseida’s outstanding common stock (8,333,333 shares at $3.00 per share).
- $25M one-time payment for exclusive negotiation and first refusal rights to license P-MUC1C-ALLO1.
- Deal includes potential for Astellas to further invest in licensing and commercialization of the therapy in the future.
DealForma’s Deal of the Month selection is based on the largest disclosed upfront cash and equity total in partnership deals involving R&D as announced in the month prior to this article. Data for this analysis was compiled using the DealForma biopharma deals database. All data are based on publicly disclosed figures and deal terms.
We invite you to answer interesting questions on biopharma business development and licensing using our data and carefully curated profiles on deals, pipelines, companies, funding, and business executives by visiting dealforma.com to schedule your personalized demo.
Drug Sales Figures
All of this by stage, disease indication, modality, target...
More Research by DealForma
An increase in down rounds in 2023 indicates a reassessment of valuations in VC. Challenges are expected to persist in the sector through the H1 of 2024, grappling with repercussions from previous excesses and a challenging fundraising environment. The initiation of a...
This year, DealForma's CEO Chris Dokomajilar joined Inpart for the webinar to review life sciences dealmaking for 2024. Inpart has also put together an eBook which talks about the trends, analysis and forecasts for 2024. It seems that biopharma is ready to bounce back...