Quarterly venture investment activity into neurology focused biopharma companies is back to pre-2020 level. This is no surprise given the investment slowdowns across all therapy area and broader life sciences. The drop seems to have stabilized however, and emerging...
August 2023 Top Biopharma Deal: Poseida license option deal with Astellas for P-MUC1C-ALLO1
Highlighted Deal Financial Comps
Total Deal Value:
Cost & Profit Split:
- Poseida granted Astellas an option for exclusive, worldwide rights to develop and commercialize P-MUC1C-ALLO1.
- P-MUC1C-ALLO1 is an allogeneic CAR-T cell therapy for the treatment of multiple solid tumors.
- Astellas to invest a total of $50M in Poseida:
- $25M for approximately 8.8% of Poseida’s outstanding common stock (8,333,333 shares at $3.00 per share).
- $25M one-time payment for exclusive negotiation and first refusal rights to license P-MUC1C-ALLO1.
- Deal includes potential for Astellas to further invest in licensing and commercialization of the therapy in the future.
DealForma’s Deal of the Month selection is based on the largest disclosed upfront cash and equity total in partnership deals involving R&D as announced in the month prior to this article. Data for this analysis was compiled using the DealForma biopharma deals database. All data are based on publicly disclosed figures and deal terms.
We invite you to answer interesting questions on biopharma business development and licensing using our data and carefully curated profiles on deals, pipelines, companies, funding, and business executives by visiting dealforma.com to schedule your personalized demo.
Drug Sales Figures
All of this by stage, disease indication, modality, target...
More Research by DealForma
We are tracking the biopharma R&D partnerships in neurology through the first half of 2023. Some notable licensing deals include Voyager's partnership with Neurocrine, which secured an upfront payment of $175 million and the potential to achieve up to $4.2 billion...
Biopharma IPO activity was still quiet through the second quarter 2023 with 3 companies going public on global exchanges for a total of $800 million. This follows 3 IPOs in the first quarter at $400 million. Among these IPOs, Laekna raised approximately $101 million...